The Child Focus Group:
Child Focus Group (CFG) was formed in October 2010 with the overarching goal of strengthening the Auckland North community’s ability to effectively support children who have been affected by family violence and prevent them from further abuse by enhancing existing systems, increasing community ownership and the service response wrapped around families and whanau.
- To raise awareness about family violence and its effects on children and encourage the community to get organised to prevent it.
- To provide a forum for information exchange, sharing best practices, devising strategies for provision of better services for children who have suffered family violence and preventing further abuse.
- To help improve inter-agency co-ordination, collaboration and communication between groups working for families and children in the family violence sector.
- To work in a way that acknowledges the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- To provide a strong advocacy role for the protection of children from family violence.
- To support and facilitate collaborative dialogue, projects, campaigns that aim to reduce and prevent family violence and protect children.
- To act as a channel for provision of information from wider sources, to and from network members
- Provide a vehicle for dissemination of information to local services
- Enhancing services through the provision of meetings, forums, training, and project development
- Make policy submissions on Government legislations when the opportunity arises on issues effecting children’s safety and well-being.
- Strengthening and improving the responsiveness towards children of the family violence service providers.
- To ensure that legislations such as the Privacy Act 1993, Official Information Act 1982, Public Health and Disability Act 2000 are adhered to in the group. Any sensitive information shared may only be used to address Family Violence in our community
Membership is open to organisations and individuals that are:
- Committed to creating a safer future for children in Auckland North community and accept the purpose, role and strategy of the group.
- Have an understanding of domestic violence as defined in the NZ Domestic Violence Act 1995.
Media disclaimer: Members will not make any oral or written statements/submissions to the media or any other institution on behalf of the Child Focus Group without consultation with the group.
Contact: Deb Humphires - Coordinator
Download the brochure (just click on the image).
|North Shore Child Focus Group||692.79 KB|